2.6K views
3.3

My wife and I are currently attending the three day training course. This is our second time through.

In 2015 we attended our first seminar and did not purchase one of the larger mentor packages. The reason we didn't purchase was simply based on economics. We didn't feel we wanted to make that large investment at the time. However, I'm reading these reviews and see the sour grapes being pressed by many who have attended the seminars and bought the mentor programs.

Here is the straight scoop. Real estate and buying tax liens and deeds is not easy. It takes a lot of work. I have a background in real estate (agent for 11 years).

My wife and I have successfully flipped 9 properties in the Phoenix market over the last 4 years. We have never lost a dime. However, margins began to shrink when the market recovered. Our last flip yielded only a $10,000 next profit.

If you are an investor, you quickly realize that is not what you want to make per project. So, we attended the first seminar to get new ideas. That is exactly what we got. Great ideas for structuring your business, QRP's, and the process of buying liens and deeds.

I will spare you all of the details but deeds were most attractive to us. We chose Wisconsin as a place to invest. We have family there and are familiar with the state. After a ton of research, we bought our first deed for $51,000.

From purchase to sale took 5 months. We invested $18,000 in rehab. It was a duplex with a renter in place. We collected $500 in rent each month and had the comfort of knowing we had someone on the property at all times.

The second story unit needed about $15,000 in additional rehab. We didn't touch it. At the end of 5 months we sold the property, using a local Realtor, to an investor. Net profit was $45.178.

Based on that success we currently have 2 other properties in Wisconsin that are undergoing rehab. We are obviously not guaranteed a big return but are very happy with the progress. We have traveled to check the properties and, as the course suggests, relied heavily on local Realtors. For us it has worked out very well.

However, if you are not going to really commit to this endeavor save your money and time. Because without that commitment, you be typing sour grapes letters like many of the others on this site.

Good luck! It's a heck of a lot of fun too.

Review about: Saen Higgins Tax Lien Seminar.

Reason of review: Good quality.

Comments

Canton, Ohio, United States #1333851

So, kind of confused. Was this a purchase of a tax lien certificate or straight out R.E. purchase?

to Marvin #1382808

If you read it's a tax deed not a lien two different animals ...liens are great for getting intrest on your investment since 95% of the time they get redeemed by home owner , bank , or someone who has great I,treat in keeping the property ....tax deeds are deeds to the property ...they cost you more out of pocket but better chance of getting a property

Gaithersburg, Maryland, United States #1319895

how much you paid for the mentor programs?

to J M #1382811

They have 3 different mentorship I can't say how much each are but they are not cheap in any way ...but if you really want to hit the ground running their top one has one of their mentors come out to you for 2days after first setting up a game plan with you prior ...this is a job a business your getting into ..It's not a get rich deal over night and it takes a lot of proper research to do this right or you could end up with useless proeeties due to all kind of reasons and lose money if you don't follow the proper steps ...these mentors are there to ensure your doing it right and succeed

to Ken W #1506915

If you put in the time and effort and do exactly what they say, how confident are you that a person can make his/her money back within a year if they paid for a mentorship?